Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!!
We started back with school today and it has been a wild and crazy kind of day :D We are expecting to get a "moderate" amount of snow on Thursday and we are so excited! Nothing like having homeschool P.E. outside making snow angels.
It has been so cold lately and I have been making tons of soups. This recipe is one of our absolute favorites! It is a Tortilla Soup/White Chili that I got from a sweet lady at our church. You can make it as spicy as you want also.
Here are part of the ingredients:
Tortilla Soup or as Anna calls it, "White Bean Soup."
Super easy and super yummy!
Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken breast cooked and shredded
4-5 cans navy beans
1 can cream of chicken
2 cans chicken broth (or you can use bouillon cubes with water)
1 jar chicken gravy
1 packet of chicken taco seasoning
Tall jar of salsa (We don't like it chunky, so I make my own salsa with Rotel, diced tomatoes, cilantro, garlic salt, chopped onion, cumin, salt, & pepper all chopped in the blender!)
If I have time I let my chicken breast cook in the crock pot all day in some broth and then after shredding it I add it to the soup mixture. Simmer for 30 minutes and serve with tortilla chips.
I doubled this recipe and we had leftovers for a few days.
Now for dessert!
I made tons of candy before Christmas and these Oreo truffles were so yummy!
Oreo truffles
Grind up 1 package of Oreo cookies in a food processor or blender, then mix with 1-8oz. cream cheese (softened), roll into small balls (set in fridge for about 15 minutes) and then dip into melted white chocolate or almond bark. Easy peasy! I added some mint extract to half of my batter and those were really good too.
It is probably a good thing we joined our local college's gym today!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails