Monday, January 11, 2010

Thangles

Let me begin by saying that I am not very good at sewing. I am relatively new at it and really haven't a clue of what I am doing. My sister showed me "Thangles" a few years ago and I thought they were pretty neat. Back then I made a few and thought, "Hmm, one day I'll make something with those." Well, that day has finally rolled around.
The girls and I were cooped up on New Years Day so we decided to pull out the Thangles and start making a doll quilt. Then we realized that we had enough material to make two quilts. Small ones. We have a lot more to do to finish them, but I wanted to post our progress so far.
The thangles form a perfect square out of two triangles. You piece the good side of two pieces of fabric and then pin them to the pattern and I usually trim them around the edges if they need it. Then sew on the dotted lines.


Then cut the solid black lines and open up and voila ~ you have a square. You can get just about any size you want. These were for 3" squares.


Here are some lined up for one of our quilts.

And here is the other one.

Here is one of the top pieces almost finished. It is not perfect, but we made some great memories making it! That is what counts right?! I have a border I want to put on and then the batting and the back piece (you can tell that I have no idea what to call these pieces by their formal names!)


I'll post some more pics when I get them finished. Maybe... :D

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails