Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rally for Life at the Capitol Rotunda

Last Wednesday the girls and I went with Bro. Kenny and another couple from our church up to Frankfort for the Rally for Life. This was also to show the House Leadership that we want them to pass Senate Bill 38 that was passed in the Senate the week before. This is what Senate Bill 38 is for: To create a new section of KRS Chapter 311 to require an ultrasound prior to an abortion; amend KRS 311.990 to provide a criminal penalty.
Here are a few pics from our day:
Here is a shot with most people in the rotunda. It filled up even more after this. In fact there were people in the second and third levels.

This sign says it all!

Senator Elizabeth Tori, one of the senators that propsed the bill.

Senator Katie Stine, another senator who proposed this bill.

The Right to Life of Kentucky had a guest speaker also.

Kent Ostrander from the Ky Family Foundation.
As of right now the House Leadership placed this bill in a committee and they haven't taken any action on it. If you live in Kentucky please call the Legislature line and just leave a message for the House Leadership to make sure they allow the ENTIRE House to vote on this bill!
1-800-372-7181



Psalm 139:13-15

"For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails