Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Proposal

For this week's SUYL over at Kelly's Korner we are sharing our proposal stories!

Brian and I were high school sweethearts and got engaged Christmas of my Senior year. While most people told us we were crazy and were way too young to even think about marriage, we both knew it was just right. This past January we have been together 16 years and in August will be married 14 years!

Now onto the proposal story.......

Nothing really fancy or super exciting happened. Other than the fact that he picked out my ring all by himself and I LOVED it! I think it is about .75 of a carat but that totally didn't matter to me!
We were at his house a few weeks before Christmas and he brought the ring over to me and in the sweetest voice simply asked me to marry him. It was just the two of us and was a very special night and one that we both will always remember!


I have a diamond wrap that Brian gave me our second Christmas after we were married, but the band broke this past winter and I have yet to get it fixed. But I love the simplicity of a simple band and engagement ring too!

Here are a few scriptures that are beneficial to marriages:

Matthew 19:6
“So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”

Hebrews 10:24
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.”

Proverbs 12:18
"So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."

Ephesians 4:15
"Speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is that Head, that is, Christ."

1 Corinthians 13:5
"Love is not rude, it is not self-seeking; it is not easily angered; it keeps no record of wrongs."

4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Awww... A lovely story. It's so nice to hear that.
My husband almost threw up when he asked me he was so nervous. LOL!

HUGS
Kim

Tania said...

So sweet. Congratulations on 14 years of marriage. We will be celebrating 15 years in July.

KellyMellyBoBellyBananaFanna said...

What a nice story! My ring is very similar to yours. Don't you love the simplicity of traditional settings?

Kelly

nancygrayce said...

I love that you were engaged in high school and that your marriage has lasted so long! Of course I notice that you have the right "other man" in your marriage....Jesus!

Related Posts with Thumbnails