Thursday, August 12, 2010

Want to Go For a Little Boat Ride?

Brian's grandfather gave him a boat a couple of years ago. It was a boat that was given to him by Berea College for his retirement gift. Brian was the only one to do anything with it for many years, so Elvin transferred it over to him a year or two ago. It was very sweet of him and we haven't taken it out as much as we wanted to, but last week we took it for a little boat ride and an attempt at some fishing.
The girlies ready to get onboard!
The Captain and Co-Captain (& yes I made Anna snap her life vest:)

See - all snapped! :)

We saw this hawk's(?) nest and thought it was an eagle's nest. The girls got so excited, but the closer we got to it we could tell it was a different bird.

The lake we went to was built just a few years ago and still has trees sticking up all along the edges. I thought these looked neat.

Mi marido guapo (my handsome husband :) (I'm still missing Panama!)

I love being on the water!

Time for some fishin'!

This picture of Anna cracks me up! It looks like she's got a dip in her bottom lip. Hehe!
I'm not super fond of warms, but I can bait a hook. Which I think Brian appreciates not having to do it every. single. time! :0)
The girls aren't so fond!
But they appreciated their hooks being baited though!
We had tied off on a tree to fish and I caught the sun coming through the trees on the bank!
So pretty!

Cheese :)

Brian got hot and had to cool off a bit. This pic cracks me up!



We were gonna try and stay until the temps cooled down so we could actually catch some fish, but we got tired and decided to head on home. But it was a fun night and I can't wait to go back again.

2 comments:

Tania said...

Your girls look like they are having so much fun. Our family loves to fish too. Although we don't get to do it as often as we would like to. Love all the pictures you posted. You did a great job with them. (:

gianna said...

ahhhhhhh! Fishing! Gotta love it!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope to get to know you more as I dearly love Jesus, too! And am so thankful to be saved!
Oh, ho! Gotta start supper!

Related Posts with Thumbnails