Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ice Storm 2010? - UPDATED

UPDATE: We did get tons of ice this morning and thankfully our electric didn't go out!!! I'll post some pics later of the icyness!

So our weather forecast is looking SUPER for tomorrow night! Haha!
It's calling for up to 1/4 inch of ice accumulation with 1-2 inches of snow on top of that!
Let's see.....I think I remember what that much ice looks like:
This is from the Ice Storm of (January) 2009. It knocked out power all around us for a long time. Thankfully our electric came back on in 5 days, but others didn't have it for weeks!


We survived though!


We slept in the living room around the fire all week. By the end of the week I was thinking if I only had warm water, I might have liked living in more simple times. :o)

Our source for heat!

Our source for light! Fun times!
Today I went and stocked up on food & candles and we got our wood pile stocked too!
I'm just praying it's not as bad as it was back then and maybe just maybe it'll by-pass us!

1 comment:

Jacquie Wallace said...

Those are beautiful ice pictures! We were without power for 10 days in January 2009. It was HARD! But, you're right, if we had running water, I could've done it for a while longer. We now have a generator because of that storm.

Praying y'all don't have it too bad!

Related Posts with Thumbnails