Thursday, February 3, 2011

#34 - Right to Life Rally

Today we went to our state capitol to gather with others in opposition to abortion and in favor of two Ky pro-life bills trying to make their way through legislation. We had about 20 from our church to go in support of the rally. We are very blessed to have a pastor that is willing to take a stand when so many others will not.

The backside of our capitol building.

The girls just love to pose for me :)

Inside the capitol dome. I am just always amazed at how pretty all of the marble and murals are.

"It is a poverty that a child must die, so that you may live as you wish."
-Mother Teresa

The crowd gathered.

One of the speakers showed a fascinating ultra sound video.

Plain and simple.
If it's a baby at birth, then it's a baby in the beginning!


Our Representative said a few words too.

Choose LIFE!!!

The girls and I in front of the Senate chambers.
Either I'm shrinking or they are growing way too fast!

The Senate chambers. We tried to visit with Jared, but he was not in his office.

It's pretty cool that we've got a high school buddy/church family member representing us in the State Senate!

Brian's dad has been so busy transitioning the Sheriff's office that we haven't been able to see him. On our way home today we stopped by taking a chance on him being available and he was! He gave us a grand tour! One of Brian's co-workers joked that in order to see his dad he would need to get into some trouble!

It was a very blessed day and I just pray that more people will take a stand and speak up for the unborn!

Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”


1 comment:

Jacquie Wallace said...

I'm so impressed that y'all take such an active role in stopping abortion!! Thank you for doing that. We should all do something.

I LOVE the state capitol buildings (all old buildings). They had some amazingly talented folks who had so little technology to design and build them. That's just crazy to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails