Thursday, February 10, 2011

#41 - Lovers of Travel

Brian had to travel to Knoxville to attend an electrical class for two days and asked us to come along! His work didn't mind so we packed a bag and headed out. The girls and I just hung out in the hotel room while he was in class in one of the boardrooms. We did a little school, some reading, and a little t.v. watching! Last night we drove to Sevierville for two things - the Bass Pro Shop and the Smoky Mountain Knife Works. We didn't have time to drive on into Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg, but we caught a glimpse of those snow capped Smokies!

Every. Single. Time. We come to TN we always have to stop by this store/attraction! They have a HUGE display of pocket knives and every other kind of knife you can think of but, they also have TONS of other stuff too. I personally love the kitchen section in the basement :) My wishlist keeps growing every time I go in there.

They have a little kiddie section too and when the girls were little they loved to watch these Smoky bears sing and play. Now, not so much :( But I did make them pose for a picture for memories sake. (Excuse the phone photo quality)

As I posted last night we also stopped by the BPS. Someone at co-op told me the other day that a couple actually got married on these stairs inside the store. Right next to the big 'ol fish tank!

We love traveling and getting away for a few days! The girls get so excited and once Anna knows we're going somewhere she starts planning her list of stuff to pack. She is Ms. Organizer!

We had to check out at lunchtime and Brian still had the afternoon in class so we went to the West Town Mall and ate lunch. Then the girls and I got to shop around for a couple of hours until he was through. Fun times! :) The girls have been wanting some more silly erasers, so today we went on a hunt throughout the mall! We found them at a few places and apparently silly bands are out and the silly puzzle erasers are in (until the next thing comes along :) I also got to experience Forever 21 for the first time! $1.50 for a pair of cute earrings.....yes, please!

After Brian finished with his class and picked us up along with a couple of Chick-fil-A sweet teas we started the journey back home and I got a couple of hours to read more on this book I picked up at the library: It's almost 500 pages and I started yesterday morning and I'm halfway through! It is a wonderful book and I LOVE anything Francine Rivers writes.

Ephesians 3:14-16

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of His glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

Thought this footnote was awesome!
Footnotes:
a.Ephesians 3:15 The Greek for family (patria) is derived from the Greek for father (pater).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails