Sunday, February 20, 2011

#51 - Rejoicing through Tears!

We've had a busy busy day! This was my third week in Children's Church and my fave little cookie guy didn't disappoint today with his funny comments. We had just finished our snack and out of the blue he randomly says, "Mrs. Jennifer, my mom won't let me have a parrot!" "What?!" So he repeats it - "Yeah, my mom says she won't buy me a parrot and I really want one!" Then later he proceeds to show me how God had made him special because his thumb can pop in and out of socket. In fact he just says to me as he's passing by, "Look God made me special!" and then pop pop in out the thumb goes. Too funny!

Donna's funeral this afternoon was unlike any funeral I've ever been to. It was a worship service at it's best! Her pastor did an excellent job sharing the Gospel message and sharing wonderful stories about her loving on people in Jesus' Name! We were definitely rejoicing through our tears today!

She also LOVED the color red and as a way to honor her today almost everyone wore something that was red.

2 Timothy 4:7-8
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the Righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing."

1 comment:

Jacquie Wallace said...

The cookie boy is a HOOT! I've been thinking about y'all. I have been to a few funerals that were just so incredibly beautiful. It says so much about their lives and the heart of their family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails