Thursday, April 14, 2011

#104 - Lowfat Chocolate Cake

I made this a week or so ago and just realized I hadn't posted the recipe :) This is like the yellow/white lowfat cake only difference is to use a dark soda instead of a lemon-lime one.

The secret recipe:

A Bubba "pop" from Save-a-lot!

I'm not even going to lie - I sniffed it! Very tempted to taste it, but I didn't!

It's been about 14 months since I've drank a Mountain Dew or a Pepsi (not counting the one in Panama last summer:)

Just mix 12 ounces of the dark pop with a chocolate cake mix. That's all - no more ingredients. Don't over mix it. It seems that the more you mix it the less it will rise. Spread it in your pan of choice and bake as directed on the box. Here it is after it's baked! We were bad and actually used some chocolate icing. I know it defeats the purpose of the low-fat cake, but sometimes you just gotta! Between the yellow and the chocoloate cake, my favorite is the yellow. Probably because I add the lemon extract to it. If you make one let me know what you think!

Have a blessed Friday!

James 5:12
"Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple “Yes” or “No.” Otherwise you will be condemned."

1 comment:

Jacquie Wallace said...

Never heard of that! I don't drink pop either. The first time you drink pop after being away for a long time - YOW! that burns!

Related Posts with Thumbnails