Sunday, May 8, 2011

#128 - A Day Like No Other

I've had a very blessed Mother's Day today :)
After church, the girls surprised me with a scavenger hunt for my present. I told them not to buy me anything that I'd much rather have them make me something :) So after lunch they had me go out into the yard and I had to sniff out :) their present. I was cold, then wArM, then HOT!
They painted a hydrangea flower for me and then hid it in my hydrangea bush! It was hidden a little better than this, but I wanted to get a picture of it in there.
They are my absolute favorite flower and I LOVE it! I'm gonna have it framed. Here is my card. Yep, I scanned it in. Just recordin' it all for memory's sake. Holly drew the three of them in astronaut suits and it says - "Love you to the moon and back!"
I lurve 'em!
This afternoon we went up to Mama's grave to plant some flowers in the planter that is there. Brian and the girls did all of the work. :)

I love my family so much and am truly grateful to God for allowing me to be a part of their lives. I am a blessed mother and wife and I never want to take it for granted for one second.
Thank you, Lord!Exodus 20:12
“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you."

1 comment:

Jacquie Wallace said...

That's a great Mother's Day! What a meaningful tribute to you. And I like that you then went to your momma's grave to pay her tribute. Sweet, sweet day - I know it made you feel so special.

Related Posts with Thumbnails