Monday, May 16, 2011

#136 - Bye Bye Birdie

Okay, this is the last post about these baby robins....unless something else happens that is funnier than what I'm about to tell you. :)

Tonight I took my camera outside hoping to get a better picture of the baby robins. There was one that looked like it was at the edge of the nest. So I snapped the following two pictures and then....
Out the bird flew! Then another one and then the other two. All four birds flew out of that nest so fast that I thought I was being attacked!!! They all flew in different directions and about the time I got my berrings straight - here comes the Mama and the Papa! Directly at my head!!! I ran back under our carport and watched to see if I could see the babies. But all I could pay attention to was the VERY angry Mama & Papa flying back and forth in front of the nest! They were making noises that I've never even heard before! A little while later I walked back outside with Anna (she stayed under the carport) and I walked behind Brian's Jeep to see if I could see any of the baby birds and I am not exaggerating - one of the parent birds flew within a few inches of my head! Anna and I were running for the door - laughing all the way!

I guess I'll have to walk out in the morning with helmet protection on!


On a totally unrelated note - if you live in Kentucky tomorrow - Tuesday, May 17, 2011 is our Primary election. For more information on candidates you can go HERE.

Please go VOTE!!!


Genesis 1:20
"Then God said, “Let the waters swarm with fish and other life. Let the skies be filled with birds of every kind.”

1 comment:

Jacquie Wallace said...

Oh my!! I've been that way a couple times when someone has tried to mess with my babies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails