Monday, July 25, 2011

#204 & 205 - Wallpaper Border = Evil

So, we've lived in our house for almost 5 years. Our master bedroom had this lovely hideous border on the walls (if you have this border and are offended I apologize):
Honestly, it just isn't our taste.
But the sad part is that almost 5 years later, this colorful picket fenced border was still hanging on our walls! So sad.

Even sadder is the fact that part of the background on it is yellow:

While the other background on some of it is beige:

Even more sadder is the fact that I didn't realize this until about the 3rd year we lived here! Ha!

I decided that it was finally time to re-do our bedroom!!! I started taking it down yesterday afternoon and I am happy to announce that it is completely removed from our bedroom and bathroom!!!! Brian has helped patch holes and the girls have helped between the scraping and the clean-up.

A really great thing to use with wallpaper/border removal is 1 part generic fabric softener with 2 parts water. After you peel off the top layer of paper spray the bottom layer with a spray bottle filled with that solution and wipe it with a rag. Let it set on there for a minute and after it starts to bubble start scraping! It works much better than anything store bought we've ever used.

Fun times! :)

I think we've decided to go with the color at the very bottom. Vintage Yellow. I want to eventually decorate with some antique reds and I just love that color combination. I took some before pictures and when I finish I'll post the before/after ones!

So if I'm missing for another day or two, you'll know where I'll be! :D
Psalm 90:16
"Let Your work appear to Your servants,
And Your glory to their children."

1 comment:

Jacquie Wallace said...

I TOTALLY agree with you on wallpaper border (and wallpaper in general, actually). Can't wait to see what you do with the room.

Related Posts with Thumbnails