Saturday, July 30, 2011

#207 - The Master Makeover

I've gotten so far behind this week and it is for good reason :) Brian left last Sunday to go to North Carolina with another man he works with to attend a class for his work. I had the bright idea to re-do our bedroom while he was away. I did this in another house we lived in when he went to the Philippines on a mission trip in 2004. Only that time I had some extra help and I re-did the living room and kitchen (including painting the cabinets!) But this time my goal was a little more simpler! He knew I was going to be doing this, but it was still a surprise nonetheless. That is one reason why I didn't want to post any pictures while he was gone because I knew he'd be checking out my blog! Ha!

So here is our before pictures:

(side note: I really wanted to get new furniture while he was gone and downsize to a queen bed, but all good things must come to those who wait!)


I didn't get a picture of our bathroom before I took everything down. But you get somewhat of an idea with this one.

I worked on taking that border down last weekend so we could start painting Monday morning!

Anna and Holly helped a bunch along with my sister!

Now......here is the after:

I've still got to get some curtains and a new quilt, but this is a good start!

We've had our bed in every spot in this room, but on this wall. I have to say that I love it there because it opens up our room so much.

I purposely didn't want to take down the wallpaper in our bathroom's linen closet. It was the same wallpaper that Brian's grandmother had in her bathroom. It's not that bad and honestly I didn't want to scrape any more! I really should've taken a before picture of this closet, but at least I have an after shot of it!
Here is the undecorated bathroom. We're going to redecorate as we go and as we find stuff we like. First purchase must be curtains though. I was going to try and make some, but it is much cheaper to just buy them when they go on sale. We're gonna be making a short trip to TN for our anniversary in a couple of weeks and we're gonna look for some stuff then. Brian came home last night and loved the room, by the way! I'm very grateful for his job and the opportunities that he has ,but we are extremely happy to have him home!!!

Romans 7:6
"But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter."

1 comment:

Jacquie Wallace said...

That color sure did brighten the room! Nice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails