Monday, August 15, 2011

#227 - Summer Isn't Quite Over For Us Yet!

The girls and I went up to the track tonight and walked a couple of miles. I hadn't walked since Anna stopped her swimming practices and I definitely could tell it!

Our county schools started back today and I just loved seeing all of the kiddos pictures that proud mommies had posted on Facebook! Sometimes I miss those first days and the excitement of it all, but then reality sets in and I'm so very glad we have control of our own schedule and what our girls are learning. With homeschooling we have so many more opportunities and I am very thankful for that. We definitely didn't start back today, but I did order the books today that we'll be needing for this school year. We plan on starting the last week of August and we're excited for what this year may bring us! This week we're going to be cleaning out our classroom and taking an inventory of what else we might need. So much fun! So our summer will be prolonged just a little bit longer!

Deuteronomy 6:6-8
“And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails