Wednesday, September 14, 2011

#256 - BBC Mini Series

Since watching a few of BBC's Jane Austen mini series, we are hooked! :-) Both of the following are based off of books/essays written by Elizabeth Gaskell and I recommend them highly!

I absolutely fell in love with this:

We checked Cranford out at the library last week and watched it tonight:


The fun part is that the girls love to watch them as much as I do! Brian does too! A lot of times there are teaching moments throughout the episodes. Tonight we were almost finished with the first episode of Cranford and Holly made a comment about the plot that baffled me. :) I hadn't even figured out that part of the movie yet! Most movies and t.v. shows are so inappropriate anymore that it is very refreshing that we can all enjoy something wholesome and somewhat educational too!

Hebrews 13:5
"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

1 comment:

Brooke O'Shea said...

Dah! I cannot tell you how much I really like North & South!! Sometimes it vies for first place (against Beauty and the Beast).
I have not seen Cranford yet but I hope to sometime.
Have you seen Wives and Daughters?
I cannot remember if there was anything you may need to screen but I enjoyed it. A little different but good.
Hope you enjoy the rest of Cranford!
Through Christ

Related Posts with Thumbnails